At Sports Financial Services we’ve been working with climbers and mountaineers for a long time. If you are looking for Mountaineering Life Insurance Cover, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection Cover then you have come to the right place. Originally, we established ourselves as Summit Financial Services which was over two decades ago to meet the financial protection needs of climbers and mountaineers. Back then a strong association was developed with the British Mountaineering Council that continues to this day.
Over the years, our excellent reputation has spread through word of mouth recommendations and referral. As time went on we received more and more enquiries from those who participated in a wide array of sports. This led to us developing Sports Financial Services. This was to make sure we could meet the financial protection needs of a number of outdoor sports participants.
If you are a climber or a mountaineer and are interested in financial protection for peace of mind, get in touch. IF you are concerned about the risk of an accident that could impact your ability to make payments for bills or your mortgage or to provide for your family, we can help. Financial peace of mind and protection of your loved ones could simply be a phone call away.
Mountaineering insurance with Sports Financial Services
Due to our experience of working with climbers and mountaineers we are happy to speak to you in detail about your climbing and financial protection needs. Since we specialise in climbing and mountaineering you can speak to us about many different aspects of the sport such as trekking, rock climbing, climbing snow and ice, and ski related activities. Our experienced team at Sports financial Services can discuss the options available to you for life insurance, income protection, mortgage protection and critical illness cover for mountaineering (and many other outdoor sports).
As a quick guide for climbers and mountaineers, if you are looking for a lump sum of cash to be paid following an accident or natural death then you may want to consider speaking to us about Life Insurance. Alternatively, if you are concerned that a climbing or mountaineering accident may leave you unable to work then an Income Protection policy may be another consideration for you. In addition, you can also speak to us about Critical Illness Cover and the benefits it could provide you and your family.
Mountaineering insurance company
Because we understand the needs of climbers and mountaineers, we are happy to discuss the different aspects of your climbing in order to understand your needs and determine the various financial protection products that are available to you.
We’re also happy to discuss different aspects of your climbing including your climbing grades, such as, Alpine Climbing Grades, Scottish Winter Grades, UIAA climbing grades, French climbing grades, Sports Climbing Grades, UK adjectival grades, UK Technical Grades, Bouldering grades and Via ferrata grades
If you have a question about financial protection, whatever your mountaineering level, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Even if you have an existing policy in place for your mountaineering activities, it may be worth a quick conversation with Sports Financial Services to discuss your current cover and obtain a no-obligation quotation. Also, different insurers come to the market over time and others may change their terms. This may mean that different terms are available in the market place now than when you first enquired about cover. Please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss the following types of financial coverage:
- Life Insurance – typically a lump sum to pay off a mortgage, debts or provide for a family in the event of death.
- Critical Illness Cover – financial peace of mind in the event that you are diagnosed with a specific condition detailed in the policy.
- Income Protection – if you are concerned that an accident or illness may prevent you from working for a period of time then an Income Protection policy may be something to discuss with us.
Depending on the specifics of your mountaineering (and the other activities you declare to us) there may be loadings, restrictions or exclusions applied to certain types of cover. In addition, if you keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness (via tracking app on a phone or watch) and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Mountaineering – Frequently Asked Questions:
When you enquire about cover, for mountaineering, with Sports Financial Services we will take into consideration a number of sports, work and lifestyle factors. A personal adviser will be allocated to your individual enquiry and will discuss with you the specific questions that relate to you, your work, your lifestyle and the options available to you.
We are happy to discuss a range of common questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings because I engage in mountaineering?
- Because I undertake mountaineering activities are there any restrictions or exclusion to policies that are available to me?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because I participate in mountaineering?
- Is Critical Illness or Permanent Disability Cover available because I participate in mountaineering?
- Is Income Protection available to me because of my type of mountaineering activities?
What is the process of applying for Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness Cover?
If you enquire about cover with us, we will discuss a number of details in relation to you, your occupation, your lifestyle and your mountaineering. As with any enquiry for financial protection it is important that you declare information about your mountaineering, your occupation, lifestyle, pre-existing medical conditions and other questions completely.
This will assist us in walking you through the enquiry process:
- A fact-find of your needs – discovering what you do and your particular needs
- Researching providers of protection and the availability of cover for the type of mountaineering activities you pursue
- Contacting and liaising with insurers
- Discussing if there are any exclusions, loadings or restrictions for you as a result of the information you have disclosed (e.g., your health or mountaineering activities)
- Discussing premium options, costs and payment terms.
- If required, obtaining doctors reports or undertaking medical screening (for certain types or levels of cover)
In general, the availability of cover and premiums for cover are dependent on a range of factors such as personal health, family history, lifestyle, occupation and type of sporting activities pursued. Deciding on the amount of cover that is right for you can involve many factors such as the need to cover bills, outstanding debts, mortgage payments or a lump sum for a partner, dependents or family should the worst happen. In choosing the duration over which you would like to cover you may want to consider your life stage and the need to meet obligations such as providing for a family, meeting bill obligations or paying off a mortgage.
How do I find out more about cover for mountaineering?
As we have a long history of helping climbers enquiring about cover for mountaineering, with us, is quick and easy. As with any inquiry for this type of cover it is important that you declare all relevant information such as your mountaineering activities, occupation, lifestyle, medical, hazardous activities and other questions completely. Common questions could include (where applicable) your health, age, weight, height, lifestyle and occupation. They can also include the challenging environments you may face. Here are some of the examples:
- Type of climbing and mountaineering activities
- Mountaineering climbing grade (e.g., Trad, Sport, UIAA, Alpine, Scottish Winter)
- Mountaineering altitude
- Mountaineering activities pursued
- Participation in ice climbing
- Participation in solo climbing
- Frequency of mountaineering
- Governing body membership (e.g., British Mountaineering Council – www.thebmc.co.uk , Mountaineering Scotland www.mountaineering.scot or Mountaineering Ireland www.mountaineering.ie )
- Geographic location of climbing and mountaineering activities (UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Professional engagement in mountaineering activities
- Any participation in climbing competitions
- Current income (for an enquiry for Income Protection)
Mountaineering insurance questions: Can you still help me if I already have Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness policy in place with another broker?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, we will still be happy to hear from you. Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products. In addition, for those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider discussing the availability of different cover options with us such as Key Person Insurance or Relevant Life Cover.
Get in touch with us about mountaineering insurance
To find out more please do not hesitate to get in touch, we will offer your own specialist financial advisor to guide you through the process. For a free, no obligation quote simply fill out our online form or give us a quick call on: 0345 565 0935. We look forward to hearing from you.