Are your cycling interests inspired by competition (e.g., Olympics, UCI World Championships or Tour De France), keeping fit (e.g., road cycling or mountain biking), leisure (e.g., cycle touring) or simply for commuting? Wherever you cycling takes you speak to Sports Financial Services about Life Insurance for cycling, Mortgage Protection, Income Protection or Critical Illness Cover.
At Sports Financial Services we have a long heritage of working with many extreme and hazardous sports. We were originally established as Summit Financial Services (www.summit-fs.co.uk), over two decades ago, to meet the needs of climbers. As time went on, through word of mouth and recommendation, we started to receive enquiries from a diverse number of different outdoor sports and this led us to develop Sports Financial Services. From here we could meet the financial protection needs of participants in many other outdoor sports including cycling.
As specialists, we understand that even within sport there are different sub-disciplines, different needs by participants and within cycling even different types of bikes, for example:
- City bike
- Commuter bike
- Cyclocross Bike
- Electric bike / E-bike
- Fixed Gear
- Folding Bike
- Full suspension bike
- Gravel bike
- Hybrid bike
- Mountain Bike – cross country
- Mountain bike – downhill
- Racing bike
- Road Bike
- Recumbent Bike
- Touring Bike
- Track Bike
So, if you are a cyclist, and are concerned that an accident or worse could impact your ability to meet your household bills, meet mortgage payments, pay credit card bills or provide for a family then please contact us to discuss the financial protection options available to you.
Life Insurance For Cycling
Due to our experience of working with participants in a range of different outdoor sports such as cycling we are happy to speak to you in detail about your financial protection needs. Our experienced team at Sports financial Services can discuss the options available to you including life insurance for cycling, income protection, mortgage protection and critical illness cover. So, before you prepare your essentials for your next cycling trip, for example:
- Water bottle(s)
- Puncture / bike repair kit
- Cycle computer (e.g., Garmin Edge)
- Food and nutrition
- Cards and cash
- Bike lock and keys
Give us a call to discuss your financial protection needs.
Sports-FS Life Insurance For Cycling
We have built a strong understanding of the needs of those who work in extreme sports and are happy to discuss the different aspects of your cycling in order to understand your needs and determine the various financial protection products that are available to you. Call today to discuss the financial protection options in relation to the type of cycling in which you participate, for example:
- City cycling
Cycling for leisure
- Bike packing
- Cycle expeditions
- Cycle touring
- Fitness cycling
- Mountain biking
- Road touring
Cycling for challenge
- Cross country mountain biking
- Endurance cycling
- Road racing
- Stage races
- Time Trials
- Track cycling
Even if you have an existing policy in place for your cycling activities, it may be worth a quick conversation with Sports Financial Services to discuss your current cover and obtain a no-obligation quotation. Also, different insurers come to the market over time and others may change their terms. This may mean that different terms are available in the market place now than when you first applied.
Financial protection for those who enjoy cycling
You may want to discuss the availability of different types financial protection in relation to your life, recreation and occupation, e.g.,
- Life Insurance for cycling
- Critical Illness Cover for cycling
- Income Protection for cycling
Contingent on the type of activities that you pursue there may be loadings, restrictions or exclusions applied to certain types of cycling cover. We work with the whole market to find financial protection and are not restricted to a captive or select number of products. This allows us to identify your requirements and where higher risk activities fit with policies.
Enquiring About Life Insurance for Cycling
As an extreme sport and extreme occupation specialist, we have developed a specific knowledge and experience in this market.
Broadly, we specialise in three types of protection:
- Life Insurance – typically a lump sum to pay off a mortgage, debts or provide for a family in the event of death.
- Critical Illness Cover – financial peace of mind in the event that you are diagnosed with a specific condition detailed in the policy.
- Income Protection – if you are concerned that an accident or illness may prevent you from working for a period of time then an Income Protection policy may be something to discuss with us.
Depending on the specifics of your cycling (and the other activities you declare to us) there may be loadings, restrictions or exclusions applied to certain types of cover.
In addition, if you keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness (via tracking app on a phone or watch) and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions on Life Insurance For Cycling
When you enquire about cover for cycling with Sports Financial Services, we will take into consideration a number of sports, work and lifestyle factors. A personal adviser will be allocated to your individual enquiry and will discuss with you the specific questions that relate to you, your work, your lifestyle and the options available to you.
We are happy to discuss a range of common questions, such as:
- Does my cycling activities mean I Incur premium loadings
- Are there any restrictions or exclusion to policies that are available to me as a result of my cycling activities?
- Will cycling prevent me from obtaining life insurance cover?
- Is Critical Illness or Permanent Disability Cover available because I participate in cycling?
- Is Income Protection available to me due to my type of cycling activities?
What is the process of applying for Life Insurance for Cycling, Income Protection or Critical Illness Cover?
The process of applying for cover with us involves discussing a number of details. This will assist us in walking you through the enquiry process:
- A fact-find of your needs – discovering what you do and your particular needs
- Researching providers of protection and the availability of cover for the type of cycling activities you pursue
- Contacting and liaising with insurers
- Discussing if there are any exclusions, loadings or restrictions for you as a result of the information you have disclosed (e.g., your health or cycling activities)
- Discussing premium options, costs and payment terms.
- If required, obtaining doctors reports or undertaking medical screening (for certain types or levels of cover)
In general, the availability of cover and premiums for cover are dependent on a range of factors such as personal health, family history, lifestyle, occupation and type of sporting activities pursued. Deciding on the amount of cover that is right for you can involve many factors such as the need to cover bills, mortgage payments or a lump sum for a partner or family should the worst happen. In choosing the duration over which you would like to cover you may want to consider your life stage and the need to meet obligations such as providing for a family, meeting bill obligations or paying off a mortgage.
How do I find out more about cycling cover?
Enquiring about cover and life insurance for cycling with us is quick and easy. As with any enquiry for this type of cover it is important that you declare all relevant information such as your cycling activities, occupation, lifestyle, medical, hazardous activities and other questions completely. Common questions could include (where applicable):
- Your current health, medical history and any pre-existing medical conditions
- Your age
- Weight (lbs, kg, body mass index)
- Your lifestyle (smoking, alcohol consumption)
- Cycling participation
- Cycling activities pursued
- Frequency of cycling
- Governing body membership (e.g., British Cycling)
- Location of cycling activities (UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Current income (for an enquiry for Income Protection)
- Amount (£) of financial protection required
- The duration of policy – number of years cover is required for
- The type of policy you required – e.g., increasing, decreasing or level term cover
What can I expect when I make an enquiry about life insurance for cycling?
You can be assured that the team at Sports Financial Services take pride in providing those who enjoy hazardous pursuits with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your needs, your lifestyle, your personal circumstances, your sport and occupation and the options available to you
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports and hazardous occupations
- Personal service and a quick response to your questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at contact times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for hazardous pursuits or occupations then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today for a free, no-obligation quote, on 0345 565 0935.
Or, if you would like to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As a hazardous, extreme and adventure sport specialist we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits and occupations to find cover that is suitable for their needs.
Finally, as an additional service, we work closely with our parent company, Suttons Independent Financial Advisers. So, if you require any further information about other financial services such as pensions, investments, mortgages or financial planning please visit www.suttonsifa.co.uk . Your personal adviser at Sports Financial Services will also be able to refer you to a contact at Suttons who best suits your interests.