Sports Financial is a top insurance expert for people who are classed as non-standard because of their sports which may be classed as extreme and their occupation which may be classed as hazardous, including Ice Climbing life insurance. There are a number of potential underwriting issues when applying for life insurance when classed as high risk which will depend on your circumstances as well as which insurance provider that you are applying to which is why it is important to speak to an expert. You may have applied for cover such as Ice Climbing life insurance in the past and had difficulty or some people are put off from applying for cover because of their sport or hobby. You should always seek the advice of an expert before deciding whether or not you need cover because you may find that it is cheaper than you think.
Here we look at what you should consider before applying for Ice Climbing life insurance and how your application may be treated by underwriters.
It is vitally important to have the right cover in place to protect your family or loved ones so you should carefully consider which are your priorities before applying for cover.
Some of the main things that would normally be considered when applying for Ice Climbing life insurance are:
- Heights or extreme heights
- Dangerous environments
- Avalanche risks or risks of ice fall
- High risk of injury from your activity
- Any competitive or professional ice climbing
Most of the time you should find that there will not be a major issue when declaring Ice Climbing on your application for life insurance and you should also find that cover may be available at normal rates or similar rates to others with no non-standard risks.
There will also be a number of standard variations which will determine the level of premiums that you should pay for Ice Climbing life insurance.
These standard factors will include:
- How much cover do you need and what is the cover for
- What term or period are you taking the cover over
- Which type of cover are you looking for
The price that you will pay for your Ice Climbing life insurance is also going to be based on whether you have any additional lifestyle related issues which need to be considered.
You will find that your application for Ice Climbing life insurance will ask a number of questions about you which includes:
- What is your height and weight (body mass index)
- How much alcohol do you consume in an average week
- Are you a smoker or have you smoked in the past 12 months
- Have you ever been diagnosed with or do you suffer from a pre-existing medical condition
There are a number of reasons why you may find that your premiums for Ice Climbing life insurance or standard life insurance may vary which is why it is important to carefully consider your options as well as what you need.
Most people looking for these types of policies will need to consider whether they want to protect their family against loss of income or to cover accident and injury.
There are a number of options that you can consider as part of this process which include:
- Standard life insurance (e.g. Family protection, mortgage protection, family income benefit or whole of life insurance)
- Critical illness cover or serious illness cover
- Income protection (e.g. short term or long term)
If you need help or advice to get a policy for Ice Climbing life insurance then you can contact one of our team of experts on 0345 565 0935 for more information and free advice.