Scuba diving can be a challenging activity that demands skill and the ability to operate in challenging underwater environments.
Whether you participate in scuba diving for leisure or pleasure speak to Sports Financial Services about divers life insurance, mortgage protection, income protection and critical illness cover.
The underwriting of divers life insurance, income protection and critical illness cover for scuba diving can vary depending on the insurance provider as well as your level of participation in scuba diving. For this reason, specialist advice can be beneficial in obtaining the right cover for you, your circumstances and your diving.
Because scuba diving requires a certain level of technical skill and is undertaken in demanding environments, divers life insurance can often require more specialist types of cover. If you would like to discuss the right life insurance, critical illness cover or income protection cover for scuba diving you have come to the right place.
Enquiring about divers life insurance with Sports Financial Services is quick and easy. When you enquire, we will take into consideration a number of factors relating to you, your lifestyle and your diving activities.
During the enquiry process for divers life insurance, it is important that you declare questions in relation to your health, lifestyle, work, diving and any other questions completely. Some typical life, lifestyle and scuba diving questions, that relate to your enquiry for scuba diving financial protection, may include your:
- Current health & personal lifestyle factors (e.g., smoking or alcohol consumption)
- Weight / Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Current and / or pre-existing health conditions
Detailed diving-related questions will vary depending on your particular scuba diving participation but could include (where relevant to your enquiry) your:
- Current employment / occupation and geographic location(s) of your work (e.g., UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Type of diving undertaken
- Diving qualifications (e.g., Ocean Diver, Sports Diver, Dive Leader, Advanced Diver, First Class Diver)
- Location(s) where you participate in scuba diving (e.g., inland lakes and quarries, off-shore or deep ocean)
- Geographic location(s) of your scuba diving participation (e.g., UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Frequency of diving / number of dives per year
- Diving depth
- Participation in wreck exploration
- Type of scuba diving participation (e.g., recreational scuba diving or commercial diving)
- Participation in challenging diving environments (e.g., wreck exploration, ice diving, cave diving, diving at depth)
- Governing body membership status (e.g., BSAC)
- Use of technical diving equipment (e.g., rebreather, mixed gasses, fixed air lines)
- Current income (for an enquiry for income protection)
Divers Critical Illness Cover
Critical illness cover is a way to cover specific illnesses or medical conditions that might disrupt your life, family and finances.
Anyone who takes part in hazardous pursuits like scuba diving and enquires about critical illness cover will have their enquiry assessed against the activities they pursue. Cover for different types of activities will be assessed differently.
Cover for some sports can be offered at standard rates with no special terms imposed whilst participation in other sports may result in premium loadings, special terms, restrictions or exclusions. Your sports specialist at Sports Financial Services will talk you through the options available to you based on a number of factors such as your diving activities, occupation and lifestyle.
Divers Income Protection Cover
Another important cover to consider is income protection, particularly if you take part in a hazardous pursuit like scuba diving. Scuba diving income protection could provide you with peace of mind if you are unable to work due to injury or sickness.
If you have a loan, mortgage, credit cards, regular bills or family financial commitments then you may want to consider what would happen if you were unable to meet the payments because of a loss of income if you are unable to work.
Divers applications for income protection are dependent on many factors, for example, whether you have previously suffered any injuries as a result of diving and whether they have caused you to have a significant amount of time off work.
Again, like critical illness cover, participation in some sports and activities may result in premium loadings, restrictions or exclusions. But, don’t worry, your specialist adviser will discuss your needs and the options available to you and your diving.
Divers Life Insurance with Sports Financial Services
Our team of sports specialists have assisted divers obtain divers life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection to help them protect their families, homes and businesses.
In addition, Scuba Financial Services have experience of organising cover for many different specialist types of diving activities, such as:
- Extended depth diving up to 100m
- Diving in the UK & overseas
- Offshore diving (more than 3 miles)
- Wreck diving & wreck penetration
- Mixed gas diving
- Rebreather diving
In addition, if you have a hazardous occupation or enjoy the challenge of other adventurous activities, we will also be able to discuss the types of cover available for your individual needs.
If you have an insurance policy in place, have been declined life insurance for divers life insurance in the past or have previously experienced problems obtaining life insurance, income protection or critical illness cover, speak to one of our sports specialists today.
In addition, different insurers come to the market over time and others may change their terms. This may mean that different terms are available in the marketplace than when you first applied for divers life insurance.
Get in touch with us today to discuss divers life insurance, income protection and critical illness cover. One of your experts is more than happy to help, you can call us at 0345 565 0935, or fill out our contact form online to enquire.