Whether you enjoy weaselling, potholing or caving then speak to Sports Financial Services about Caving Insurance, Mortgage Protection, Income Protection or Critical Illness Cover. We’ll help shine a light on your options for financial protection available to you for your underground adventures.
We have a long association with the outdoors and outdoor pursuits. We were originally established as Summit Financial Services (www.summit-fs.co.uk), over two decades ago, to meet the needs of climbers and mountaineers. Over time we discovered that there were a distinct number of climbers were also interested in caving, potholing and many other outdoor pursuits (e.g., cycling, mountain biking, canoeing, fell running, skiing, sailing, skydiving). These same clients sought out financial protection from us for those activities as well. As a result, Sports Financial Services was born to help extreme sports enthusiasts find financial protection for their hazardous recreational activities.
So, if you are a caver, and are concerned that an accident or worse could impact your ability to meet your household bills, meet mortgage payments, pay credit cards bills or provide for a family then please contact us to discuss the financial protection options available to you.
Wherever your caving takes you we will be happy to discuss your financial protection needs. Due to our experience of working with clients in a range of different outdoor sports such as caving and potholing we are happy to speak to you in detail about your financial protection needs. Our experienced team at Sports financial Services can discuss the options available to you for life insurance, income protection, mortgage protection and critical illness cover. This is in order to ensure you have a plan in place to help meet mortgage commitments, pay bills or provide for a family should an accident or worse happen whilst caving.
Caving Insurance Company
Over the years, we have developed a deep understanding of the needs of those who work in extreme sports like caving and are happy to discuss the different aspects of your particular type of caving. This will help us to determine the different financial protection products that are available to you. Even if you have an existing policy in place for your caving activities, it may be worth a quick conversation with Sports Financial Services to discuss your current cover and obtain a no-obligation quotation. Also, different insurers come to the market over time and others may change their terms. This may mean that different terms are available in the market place now than when you first applied, we could help you find better caving insurance cover.
Financial protection for caving
It may be worthwhile getting in touch with us to discuss the availability of different financial protection options available in relation to your hobby, life and job such as:
- Caving insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income Protection for caving
Subject to the type of occupational and recreational activities that you pursue there may be loadings, restrictions or exclusions applied, particularly when it comes to . Sports Financial Services work with the whole market to find financial protection and are not restricted to a captive or select number of products. This means working with many insurance companies to identify where your requirements and higher risk activities fit with policies that are currently available in the market.
Caving Insurance – Frequently Asked Questions:
When you enquire about cove for caving with Sports Financial Services we will take into consideration a number of sports, work and lifestyle factors. A personal adviser will be allocated to your individual enquiry and will discuss with you the specific questions that relate to you, your work, your lifestyle and the options available to you.
We are happy to discuss a range of common questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings because I cave?
- Because I undertake caving activities, are there any restrictions or exclusion to policies that are available to me?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because I participate in caving?
- Is Critical Illness or Permanent Disability Cover available because I participate in caving?
What is the process of applying for Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness Cover?
If you enquire about cover with us, we will discuss a number of details in relation to you, your occupation and your lifestyle. It is important that you declare information about caving if that is the particular extreme sport you participate in. As with any enquiry it is also crucial that you share information regarding pre-existing medical conditions. This is to ensure we can walk you through the process correctly and get the suitable cover for your needs.
- A fact-find of your needs – discovering what you do and your particular needs
- Researching providers of protection and the availability of cover for the type of caving activities you pursue
- Contacting and liaising with insurers
- Discussing if there are any exclusions, loadings or restrictions for you as a result of the information you have disclosed (e.g., your health or caving activities)
- Discussing premium options, costs and payment terms.
- If required, obtaining doctors reports or undertaking medical screening (for certain types or levels of cover)
Often, the availability of cover and premiums is dependent on a variety of factors. As mentioned above, these factors include anything from your occupation and lifestyle to health and family history. What’s more, identifying the amount of cover that is appropriate for you will also take your needs such as covering bills and mortgage payments into account.
Information you may need to disclose for caving insurance
Enquiring about caving cover is simple with Sports-FS. As long as you disclose all of the important information we need to be aware of- this is to ensure we get you the right cover.. Here are some common questions you can expect to get asked when enquiring about caving insurance with us:
- Your current health, medical history and any pre-existing medical conditions
- Your age
- Weight (lbs, kg, body mass index)
- Your lifestyle (smoking, alcohol consumption)
- Your caving participation
- Type of caving activities pursued
- Frequency of caving
- Participation in any record attempts or new route exploration
- Governing body membership (e.g., British Caving Association www.british-caving.org.uk )
- Participation in cave rescue and membership of the Cave Rescue Association
- Location of caving activities (UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Current income (for an enquiry for Income Protection)
In addition, as part of your enquiry, we will also discuss with you the duration of cover and amounts required, including:
- Amount (£) of financial protection required
- The duration of policy – number of years cover is required for
- The type of policy you required – e.g., increasing, decreasing or level term cover
A combination of your activities, lifestyle, personal health, recreation, occupation and other factors, such as those detailed above, will assist in the determination of the options that will be available to you and the associated premiums.
Can you still help me if I already have Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness policy in place for caving / potholing?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, we will still be happy to hear from you. Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
In addition, for those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider discussing the availability of different cover options with us such as Key Person Insurance or Relevant Life Cover.
What can I expect when I make an enquiry about cover for potholing/ caving insurance?
At Sports-FS we want to ensure that your process runs smoothly from start to finish. Here is what to expect when making an enquiry about caving insurance or potholing cover:
- You will be given your own specialist advisor chosen specially to suit your needs, lifestyle and sport or occupation. This means you will get the most out of your experience with us.
- All of our advisors are experienced in hazardous occupations and extreme sports.
- Personal service and a quick response to your questions.
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at contact times that suit you
To find out more about specialist insurance and cover for high risk occupations or hazardous sports, please do not hesitate to contact us and speak to a specialist financial advisor for advice FREE of charge and get your no obligation quote on 0345 565 0935.