From amateur stomach churns, to performing pin-wheel turns, skydiving can bring a range of exhilarating experiences whatever your level of participation.
Whatever you skydiving experience speak to us today about the availability of cover for a wide range of activities such as indoor parachuting, static line, free fall skydiving or tandem parachute jumps.
As an extreme sports specialist we work with you to investigate what cover is available to suit your needs.
There are obvious risks associated with skydiving. These risks can arise from skill level, equipment, meteorological (weather) and mechanical (aircraft) factors.
Ultimately, these factors inform decisions about premiums for skydivers.
In addition, frequency of participation in your sport is something we’ll also chat to you about to identify if the activity is a one-off, a hobby or professional career.
To include your skydiving activities on a life insurance policy, underwriters will need to understand and assess your level of participation. We’ll look at these later in this article.
You can find out more about parachuting in the UK with British Skydiving www.britishskydiving.org including advice on training, progression and where to skydive.
Insurance company for skydiving
In addition to parachuting, we are happy to discuss cover for a wide range of hazardous sports and air sports, such as:
- Gliding / powered gliding
- Hang gliding
- Piloting light aircraft
Skydivers can talk to us about different insurance options in relation to providing for a family or covering mortgage payments should an accident (or worse) happen.
Can skydivers get life insurance?
We know about the challenges of extreme sports people looking for cover.
We were originally established as Summit Financial Services (www.summit-fs.co.uk), over twenty years ago, to meet the needs of climbers and mountaineers.
In time we found that the walkers and mountaineers that took cover with us also enjoyed a mix of many other outdoor activities (e.g., caving, cycling, canoeing and skiing). As a result, we started working with, and developing an expertise in, an increasing number of outdoor enthusiasts who enjoyed a range of other outdoor activities.
So, whatever activities you pursue, feel free to discuss cover for all your hazardous pursuits and hazardous occupational activities with us.
If you are concerned about cover for injury, accident, income, life or health then talk to us to discuss the options available for you.
How do I find out more about skydiving insurance cover?
Whatever drives your interest in sport – social connection, challenge or exhilaration – we are here to discuss your protection needs.
As an outdoor sports specialist, we have developed knowledge and experience in providing financial protection for a wide range of extreme sports – so we can help save you time in finding cover for your needs.
As a quick outline, if you are interested in a lump sum to be paid following an accident or natural death then they may want to consider chatting to us about Life Insurance.
Are you on the lookout for a skydiving insurance company?
If you are you concerned about financial peace of mind, should an accident or injury happen whilst skydiving then contact us today.
Getting into skydiving
For more information and to find out more about parachuting in the UK contact British Skydiving at www.britishskydiving.org.
Would you like to discuss skydiving insurance?
A specialist adviser here at Sports Financial Services will be pleased to discuss your financial protection needs and any restrictions that apply because of the range of activities you pursue.
The main types of cover that you may want to discuss with us include:
- Life Insurance
- Mortgage Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
In addition, if you keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Skydiving Life Insurance – some frequently asked questions:
To discuss the cover options available to you please call or contact us online to discuss the best deal we can offer you based on your sporting interests, lifestyle and needs.
We engage with many people who participate in a wide range of sports and are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings because of my hazardous pursuits?
- Are there any restrictions to policies because of my recreational activities?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because I skydive?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available for my outdoor pursuits?
- Because of my sporting activities can I obtain Income Protection?
How do I go about finding out more about Life Insurance for skydiving and parachuting?
If you enquire about cover with us, we will discuss a number of details in relation to you, your sport and your lifestyle.
When with any enquiry for this type of cover it is important that you declare you declare several facts such as your occupation, lifestyle, medical, parachuting, other hazardous activities and other questions completely.
Common questions could include:
- Current occupation
- Sport’s Governing Body membership (e.g., British Skydiving)
- Participation a one-off, hobby or professional career
- Restrictions relating to age, health requirements and fitness to parachute
- Number of jumps and/or frequency of jumps each year
- Type of parachuting activities
- Typical skydiving altitude / maximum height
- Competition participation
- Professional and / or instructional work
- National or international participation (UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Skydiving licences, certification, qualifications, training and experience
- Current income (for an enquiry for Income Protection)
A more specific list of questions will be based on your individual participation but could include, for example, your:
- Lifestyle (e.g., alcohol consumption, exercise and smoking)
- Current employment or occupation
- Employment location (e.g., UK, Europe and/or Worldwide)
- Height (ft/cm)
- Weight (lb/kg)
- Health, well-being and any pre-existing medical conditions
In addition, as part of your enquiry, we will also discuss with you the duration and amounts required, including:
- The amount of financial protection you require (£)
- The length of policy you require (number of years years)
- The type of policy you require (e.g., decreasing or level term)
A combination of your activities, lifestyle, personal health, recreation, occupation and other factors, such as those detailed above, will assist in the determination the options that will be available to you and the associated premiums.
I already have a Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness policy in place – can you still help me?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, for your participation in parachuting, we will still be happy to hear from you.
Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
What if I run a business but enjoy extreme sports?
For those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider discussing different cover options with us, such as Key Person Insurance, Relevant Life Insurance or Shareholder Protection.
Next steps: what can I expect when I make an enquiry about cover for skydiving?
You can be assured that the team at Sports Financial Services take pride in providing those who enjoy hazardous pursuits with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your needs, your lifestyle, your personal circumstances, your sport and the options available to you
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports and hazardous occupationsPersonal service and a quick response to your questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at contact times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for hazardous pursuits or occupations then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today for a free, no-obligation quote, on 0345 565 0935.
Or, if you would like to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As a hazardous, extreme and adventure sport specialist we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits to find cover that is suitable for their needs.