Canoeing and kayaking can offer a wide range of experiences to suit different recreational needs.
Whether you like to challenge your will against a white-water competitive run or simply enjoy a quite evening paddle on a tranquil lake then canoeing and kayaking can offer it all.
However, have you considered what would happen to your family and finances if you had an accident whilst enjoying your sport.
Sports Financial Services were originally founded (as Summit Financial Services) to meet the needs of climbers, hillwalkers and mountaineers. We’ve a long track record of helping those who enjoy the outdoors and have found there are a good number of those who enjoy the mountains that also enjoy canoeing and kayaking.
Insurance company for canoeing and kayaking
We know that all canoeists and kayakers are not the same. You may enjoy the challenge, exhilaration and adrenaline charge of white water or the slow calm of a lazy inland lake paddle.
Whether you enjoy lakes (e.g., Derwentwater), rivers (e.g., River Wye), canals (e.g., The Bridgewater), streams, white water, coastal touring or purpose-built facilities please call today to discuss your needs.
We are happy to discuss the availability of financial protection for a wide range of activities, such as:
- Adventure canoeing
- Canoe fishing, bird spotting or photography
- Canoe holidays
- Canoe racing
- Canoe touring and camping
- Paddle boarding
- Slalom / white water
- Sea kayaking
If your canoeing or kayaking activity is not listed above, please feel free to talk to us about different insurance options that may be available in relation to providing for a family or covering mortgage payments should an accident (or worse) happen.
As hazardous sport specialists we exist to help those who enjoy life at the extremes.
The risks associated with canoeing and kayaking may mean that certain exclusions or restrictions may apply to certain types of cover. However, your specialist adviser at Sports Financial Services will discuss the cover options available in relation to you and your sport.
How do I find out more about insurance cover for canoeing and kayaking?
As hazardous sport specialists, we have developed knowledge and experience in providing financial protection for a wide range of extreme activities – so we can help save you time in finding cover to suit your needs.
We seek to understand the nature of each sport and the type of boat used:
- Sit on top kayaks – simple design for the novice, tend to be wider and a bit more stable
- Canoe – good for recreation, open top, taller sided boat and utilising a single bladed paddle
- Kayak – manoeuvrable, enclosed boat utilising a double-bladed paddle
- Sea kayak – longer, faster, deck lines for equipment and hatches for storing and accessing gear stored within the bow and stern
As a quick outline, if you are interested in a lump sum to be paid following an accident or natural death then you may want to consider chatting to us about Life Insurance.
You may also want to discuss the availability of Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover for your particular circumstances.
Enjoying canoeing and kayaking
Planning for an enjoyable day out may involve such things as:
- Planning your route
- Checking out any access issues
- Letting someone know before you go (e.g., destination and outward and return times)
- Checking the weather forecast and (if appropriate) tide times
- Keeping your skills up to date (e.g., navigation, first aid and lifesaving)
Packing for a day out depends on many factors, including your choice of such things as:
- Boat choice (Canoe / kayak)
- Paddle (plus collapsible spare for longer trips)
- Spray deck
- Life jacket
- Waterproof jacket / canoe cag
- Appropriate layered clothing
- Canoe mitts
- Bailer/ sponge
- Bilge pump
- Sun cream/protection
- Midge / insect repellent
- Torch / headlamp
- Phone (in waterproof bag)
- Emergency location equipment / devices
- Dry bags
- Throw lines
- Boat repair kit
- First aid kit
- Food and water
- Dry change of clothing
- Portaging equipment
More information regarding canoeing news, access, competitions, events, Olympics, resources and participation can be found at British Canoeing www.britishcanoeing.org.uk
Would you like to discuss insurance for canoeing and kayaking?
A specialist adviser here at Sports Financial Services will be pleased to discuss your financial protection needs and any restrictions that apply in relation to the range of activities you pursue.
The main types of cover that you may want to discuss with us include the availability of:
- Life Insurance
- Mortgage Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income Protection
In addition, if you keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Your questions about canoeing and kayaking
To discuss the cover options available to you please call or contact us online to discuss the best deal we can offer you based on your sport, work and lifestyle.
We engage with many people who participate in a wide range of sports and occupations and are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings because of my sport?
- Because I canoe or kayak are there any restrictions to policies?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because of the hazardous nature of my sport?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available for my sporting activities?
How do I go about finding out more about Life Insurance for canoeing or kayaking?
Enquiring about cover for your boating activities is quick and easy.
As part of the process, we will want to discuss a number of details in relation to you, your occupation and your lifestyle.
As with any enquiry for this type of financial protection it is important that you declare all relevant information such as your occupation, lifestyle, medical, hazardous activities and other questions completely.
Common questions could include (where applicable), your:
- Current occupation
- Job roles and type of work / employment
- Engagement with hazardous activities or environments whilst working
- Governing Body Membership (e.g., membership of British Canoeing www.britishcanoeing.org.uk ), training and qualifications
- Type of canoeing or kayaking activities engaged in
- Location of canoeing and kayaking activities (UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Types of locations (e.g., lakes, rivers, canals, reservoirs or offshore coastal touring)
- Current income (for an enquiry for Income Protection)
We will also discuss some more specific questions in relation you, for example, your:
- Lifestyle (e.g., alcohol consumption, exercise and smoking)
- Height (ft/cm)
- Weight (lb/kg)
- Health, well-being and any pre-existing medical conditions
- Current employment or occupation
- Employment location (e.g., UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
In addition, as part of your enquiry, we will also discuss with you the duration and amounts of cover required, including:
- The amount of financial protection you require (£)
- The length of policy you require (number of years years)
- The type of policy you require (e.g., decreasing or level term)
A combination of your activities, lifestyle, personal health, recreation, occupation and other factors, such as those detailed above, will assist in the determination the options that will be available to you and the associated premiums.
What if I already have financial protection in place, can you still assist me?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, for your hazardous occupation or recreation, we will still be happy to hear from you.
Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
What are my financial protection options if I run a business?
For those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider discussing different cover options with us, such as Key Person Insurance, Relevant Life Insurance or Shareholder Protection.
What are the next steps when I make an enquiry about cover for canoeing or kayaking?
You can be assured that the team at Sports Financial Services take pride in providing those who participate in hazardous sports and occupations with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your needs, your lifestyle, your personal circumstances and the options available to you
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports and hazardous occupationsPersonal service and a quick response to your questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at contact times that suit your lifestyle
If you would like to find out more about financial protection then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today for a free, no-obligation quote, on 0345 565 0935.
Or, if you would like to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
If you prefer to email, please contact us at: email@example.com
As a hazardous, extreme and adventure sport specialist we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits to find cover that is suitable for their needs.