Sports Financial is a key insurance partner to the British Mountaineering Council offering a fantastic range of BMC life insurance products to its members to help protect their families. We are all well aware of the risks of mountaineering for anyone who takes part at whatever level regardless of whether they are a recreational climber all the way up to competition level mountaineers, which is why our BMC life insurance cover works for you. Our team of expert insurance advisers has worked with and helped thousands of maintainers just like you to protect their families if anything should happen to them. As a mountaineer you will probably know that there will be additional questions when it comes to applying for your BMC life insurance cover so it is important to speak to someone who understands your needs and your circumstances.
Types of mountaineering we cover with our BMC life insurance:
- Sports climbing and bouldering
- Winter mountaineering/ice climbing
- Mountain guides and professional mountaineers
There are also other types of mountain activities that we cover as well as part of our BMC life insurance cover which include:
- Mountain biking
Obviously, there are a number of key factors and potential risks that could be involved with any mountain sports due to the nature of these types of activities as well as other environmental elements. You may have already experienced difficulty in trying to obtain cover in the past which is where our team of highly skilled BMC life insurance experts will be ideally placed to help you.
Some of the main products that can be considered and offered as part of our BMC life insurance services includes:
- Life Insurance (including family protection, mortgage cover, family income benefit and whole of life cover)
- Critical illness cover and serious illness cover
- Income protection
It is important to consider all types of cover based on your circumstances as well as your own attitude to risk which our BMC life insurance advisers will help you with to explain how each type of product works.
Some of the major aspects to how any BMC life insurance policy will be underwritten to give you your final premiums for your cover will include:
- How often do you take part in your mountaineering activities
- Which type of mountaineering activities do you take part in
- What level do you take part in your activities (e.g. difficulty or severity)
- Do you take part in any competitions
You should know that your premiums that you will pay for any BMC life insurance policy will be based on these major criteria as well as the usual or standard elements which are:
- How much life insurance do you need (£’s)
- What is the term of the policy that you are looking for (years)
- Which type of life insurance policy do you want
There are also a number of other standard lifestyle and health based questions which will be asked on your application for BMC life insurance which will determine the level of cover you are eligible for or how much you will pay.
Some of those criteria factors will include factors such as:
- Do you smoke or have you smoked in the past 12 months
- What is your height and weight (body mass index)
- How much alcohol do you consume each week
- Do you have any pre-existing medical complaints
For more information or advice to get your BMC life insurance policy then you can contact one of our team of experts on 0345 565 0935.