Skiing & Snowboarding life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection for BASI members
Are you financially fit for the coming season?
We have many years of experience providing cover for those who make their living in the outdoors. Whether you are looking for life insurance, critical illness cover or income protection cover we are here to help.
We’ll be happy to chat with you about your individual skiing & snowboarding activities and your financial protection needs. Ultimately, we want to ensure your hard work in the high mountains is not compromised with inadequate cover for your life, family, house or income.
Some of the main considerations when underwriters are assessing an application for this type of cover are:
- How often you go skiing or snowboarding
- Where do you ski or snowboard (e.g. UK, Europe or worldwide)
- Do you ski or snowboard competitively or professionally
- Is any of your skiing or snowboarding off-piste
- Do you speed ski or ski mountaineer in places that are only accessible by helicopter or plane
Types of Skiing & Snowboarding activities:
- Recreational skiing or snowboarding
- Indoor/dry slope
- Ski touring/mountaineering
- Racing (e.g. slalom, giant slalom and downhill)
- Freestyle (e.g. park, halfpipe, moguls etc.)
The main other standard factors which would determine the premiums that you will pay for Skiing & Snowboarding life insurance are:
- Amount of cover required (£’s)
- Term of your policy (years)
- Type of cover (e.g. Level, Decreasing or Whole of Life)
- Skiing & Snowboarding critical illness cover
Even if you have an existing life insurance or income protection policy in place we’ll be happy to hear from you as we have a wealth of experience in negotiating improved terms on existing policies.