Can I get Life Insurance for motorcycle racing?
If you are looking for Life Insurance for motorcycle racing then speak to Sports Financial Services.
Over the years we have developed an expertise in providing financial protection for a wide range of hazardous sports and hazardous occupations.
We were originally founded, over 20 years ago, as Summit Financial Services (www.summit-fs.co.uk) and have since grown and expanded to offer cover for many hazardous and extreme sports.
Due to the risks inherent in motorcycle racing certain exclusions or restrictions may apply to certain types of financial protection. To discuss the options available for motorcyclists who want to provide for a family, meet mortgage payments or bills should an accident happen please contact us today.
Insurance company for motorcycle racing
As hazardous occupation and recreation specialist we work with you to investigate what cover is available to suit your needs.
Contact us today to discuss your needs and the options available in relation to your specific motorcycle racing, for example:
- Beach Racing
- Cross country
- Endurance Racing
- Motorcycle Grand Prix (MotoGP)
- Road Racing
- Superbike racing
- Track racing
- Trials Racing
However, don’t worry if you don’t see your activity above. Because we specialise you can speak to us about cover for a wide array of motor and motorcycle sports – just contact us to discuss your needs with one of our experts.
Life Insurance options for motorcycle racing participants
You can talk to us about different insurance options in relation to you providing for a family or covering mortgage payments should an accident (or worse) happen.
If you are concerned about cover for injury, accident, income, life or health then talk to us to discuss the options available for you.
Motorcycle racing: how do I find out more about insurance cover?
As an extreme sport and extreme occupation specialist, we have developed knowledge and experience in providing financial protection for hazardous sports participants.
Broadly, we specialise in three types of cover:
- Life Insurance – typically a lump sum to pay off a mortgage, debts or provide a for a family in the event of death.
- Critical Illness Cover – financial peace of mind in the event that you are diagnosed with a specific condition detailed in the policy.
- Income Protection – if you are concerned that an accident or illness may prevent you from working for a period of time then an Income Protection policy maybe something to discuss with us.
Depending on the specifics of your occupation or recreation there may be loadings, restrictions or exclusions applied to certain types of cover.
We work with the whole of market rather than being restricted to a captive or select number of financial products or services.
In addition, if you keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Motorcycle racers – frequently asked questions:
To discuss the options available to you please call or contact us online to discuss the best deal we can offer you based on your sport, lifestyle and needs.
Our regular engagement with people who participate in many hazardous sports and occupations means that we are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings because of my motorcycling activities?
- Are there any restrictions to policies because of my motorcycling activities?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because of my racing, occupation and lifestyle?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available for my sport?
- Because of my sporting activities can I obtain Income Protection?
What is the process of applying for Life Insurance for motorcycle racers?
If you enquire about cover with us, we will discuss a number of details in relation to you, your motorcycling and your lifestyle.
As with any enquiry for this type of cover it is important that you declare information about your sports, occupation, lifestyle, pre-existing medical conditions, hazardous activities and other questions completely.
This will assist us in guiding you through the journey of applying for cover:
- A fact-find of your needs – discovering what you do and your particular needs
- Researching providers of cover and the availability of cover for the type of flying you pursue
- Contacting and liaising with insurers
- Discussing if there are any exclusions, loadings or restrictions as a result of the information you have disclosed
- Discussing premium options, costs and payment terms.
In general, the availability of cover and premiums for cover are dependent on a range of factors such as personal health, family history, lifestyle, occupation and type of sporting activities pursued.
Deciding on the amount of cover that is right for you can involve many factors such as the need to cover bills, mortgage payments or a lumpsum for a partner or family should the worst happen.
In choosing the duration over which you would like cover you may want to consider your life stage and the need to meet obligations such as providing for a family, meeting bill obligations or paying off a mortgage.
What types of questions will I be asked when applying for motorcycle racing financial protection?
We will start with a personal discussion about you to ascertain your needs and understand various aspect of your sport, such as:
- Lifestyle (e.g., alcohol consumption, exercise and smoking)
- Health, well-being and any pre-existing medical conditions
- Current employment, job title or occupation
- Employment location (e.g., UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
- Height (ft/cm)
- Weight (lb/kg).
Different providers of cover may ask additional questions relating to motorcycle racing, such as:
- Current occupation
- How often you race
- Level of participation in racing (e.g., club, amateur, semi-professional or professional)
- Type of motorcycle racing you participate in
- Type of bike you race
- Racing frequency
- Where you race (e.g., road, track, cross country, beach, grass, circuit)
- Size of bike engine / engine capacity (cc)
- Type of licence, background and experience
- Sport governing body membership (e.g., Amateur Motor Cycle Association – AMCA, Auto Cycle Union – ACU)
- Location of racing activities (UK, Europe or Worldwide)
- Income (for Income Protection enquiries)
In addition, as part of your enquiry, we will also discuss with you the duration of cover and amounts required, including:
- The amount of financial protection you require (£)
- The length of policy you require (number of years years)
- The type of policy you require (e.g., increasing, decreasing or level term)
A combination of your activities, lifestyle, personal health, recreation, occupation and other factors, such as those detailed above, will assist in the determination the options that will be available to you and the associated premiums.
Can you still help me if I already have Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness policy in place for motorcycle racing?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, we will still be happy to hear from you.
Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
If you have been declined Life Insurance cover previously it does not mean that you will not be able to get cover again. It may be the case that your specific circumstances have changed or new insurers have come to the market with new products – so it is always worth a quick enquiry.
What if I run a business but undertake motorcycle racing?
For those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider discussing different cover options with us, such as Key Person Insurance, Relevant Life Insurance or Shareholder Protection.
Next steps: what can I expect when I make an enquiry about cover for motorcycling?
You can be assured that the team at Sports Financial Services take pride in providing those who enjoy hazardous pursuits with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your needs, your lifestyle, your personal circumstances, your sport or occupation and the options available to you
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports and hazardous occupations
- Personal service and a quick response to your questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at contact times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for hazardous pursuits or occupations then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today for a free, no-obligation quote, on 0345 565 0935.
Or, if you would like to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As hazardous, extreme and adventure sport specialists we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits and occupations to find cover that is suitable for their needs.