Are you a caver in search of Life Insurance for caving?
If you are then Sports Financial Services is here to shine a light on your options for financial protection for your
We were originally established as Summit Financial Services (www.summit-fs.co.uk), over two decades ago, to meet the needs of climbers and mountaineers. Over time we discovered that climbers, and many others who enjoy the outdoors, sometimes participate in a range of other outdoor pursuits (e.g. pot holing, road cycling, mountain biking, canoeing, fell running) at different times of year or when the weather dictates a different choice of activity.
As a result, we started working with an increasing number of outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy a range of outdoor activities and underground adventures.
So, whatever activities you pursue, you can discuss cover for all your hazardous pursuits and hazardous occupational activities with us.
Whether you are concerned about cover for injury, accident, income, life or health then you can talk to us to discuss the options available for you.
Whether you enjoy caving for exploration, discovery or challenge we are here to discuss your protection needs.
Venturing into an underground system can be physically and mentally demanding. You may find yourself tackling squeezes, ascending or descending pitches, climbing, swimming or traversing. As you progress more specialised techniques could include an understanding of single rope technique (SRT) as a process of descent and ascent.
Alongside these skills you should familiarise yourself with the knowledge of what to do in an emergency.
Because we are outdoor sports specialists our knowledge and experience in providing financial protection for sports can help save you time. If you would like to know more please enquire via the link above or call today to discuss the options that are available for you and your lifestyle.
As a quick outline, if a caver is interested in a lump sum to be paid following an accident or natural death then they may want to consider chatting to us about Life Insurance. Alternatively, if worries that an accident may leave them unable to work for a period of time then an Income Protection policy may be something discuss with us. A further type of cover that is enquired about is Critical Illness Cover which could help to support the insured and their loved ones financially in the event of being diagnosed with a particular medical condition.
In addition, at the more extreme end, we have experience in providing cover to those that engage in cave diving
Caving accident and injury insurance
Sports accident and sports injury financial protection could help support you through those mishaps that may affect you and your family.
You may have questions such as:
- Is cover available for broken bones?
- What type of policy is available for accidental death?
- What if I was totally permanently disabled?
- If I had to stay in hospital are benefits available?
Whatever your question, your enquiry will be handled by a specialist sports adviser. They will discuss your options in relation to you, your circumstances, employment, recreation and activities.
Caving insurance company
If you are you concerned about financial peace of mind, should an accident or injury happen whilst caving then contact us today.
Obtaining appropriate caving skills, equipment and fitness may assist you face challenges underground. Underground hazards may include such things as hypothermia, falls, falling rocks, water hazards, flooding and navigation issues.
Cavers use a wide variety of equipment underground that is relevant to the cave exploration they plan to undertake, such as:
- Headlamp and spares
- Durable watch
- Thermal base layer
- Mid layer warm wear (or under suit) that is quick drying, durable and retains insulating properties when wet or alternatively a wetsuit in very wet systems
- Socks (neoprene socks in wetter caves)
- Outer caving suit (hard wearing and durable)
- Knee pads
- Elbow pads
- Boots or wellington boots
- Caving harness
- Caving rope
- Slings, karabiners and climbing safety hardware
- Equipment bag / case
- Spare light sources
- Spare parts, bulbs, power sources, battery packs
- Emergency equipment
- First aid kit
- Food / drink
- Spare clothing
- Plastic storage bag / drybag
- Guidebook / system map
- Marker tape
In addition to cover for your participation, we can also help with enquiries about a whole range of other sport and hazardous pursuits – just give us a call to discuss the options available for you and your other recreational and occupational activities.
Your sports specialist adviser will be pleased to discuss your financial protection needs and any restrictions that apply because of the activities you pursue.
The main types of cover that you may want to discuss with us include:
- Life Insurance
- Mortgage Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income Protection
In addition, if you keep up a health regime and participate in a regular fitness plan, you may also want to speak to us about policies that monitor your fitness and reward you for keeping fit and healthy.
Frequently asked questions: caving Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection
If you would like to discuss the options available then please call or contact us online to discuss the best deal we can offer you for your lifestyle.
We engage with many people who participate in a wide range of sports and are happy to discuss a range of questions, such as:
- Do I incur premium loadings because of my outdoor activities?
- Are there any restrictions to policies because of my recreational activities?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because I cave?
- Is Critical Illness Cover available for my pursuits?
- Because of my sporting activities can I obtain Income Protection?
- Can cavers obtain Health or Private Medical Insurance?
How do I find out more about Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness protection for caving?
When you enquire about a policy with us, we will take into consideration a number of details in relation to you, your participation and other activities in which you engage.
As with any enquiry for this type of product it is important that you declare your occupation, lifestyle, medical, caving, other hazardous activities and other questions completely.
For example, your personal questions may relate to your:
- Lifestyle (e.g. alcohol consumption, exercise and smoking)
- Current employment or occupation
- Employment location (e.g. UK, Europe and/or Worldwide)
- Height (ft/cm)
- Weight (lb/kg)
- Health, well-being and any pre-existing medical conditions
A more specific list of questions will be based on your individual participation but could include, for example, your:
- Type of caving activities pursued
- Caving locations – UK, Europe or Worldwide
- Participation in cave rescue and membership of the Cave Rescue Association
- Membership of the British Caving Association
- Current income (e.g. if you looking to protect your income)
In addition, as part of your enquiry, we will also discuss with you the duration and amounts required, including:
- The amount of financial protection you require (£)
- The length of policy you require (number of years years)
- The type of policy you require (e.g. decreasing or level term)
A combination of your activities, lifestyle, personal health, recreation, occupation and other factors, such as those detailed above, will assist in the determination the options that will be available to you and the associated premiums.
If I already have a Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness policy in place for my caving activities can you help me?
Even if you have a policy in place elsewhere, for your participation in caving, we will still be happy to hear from you. Even if this is only to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing that your cover and premiums are comparable with current market products.
Business cover for those who enjoy hazardous pursuits
For those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider discussing different cover options, such as Key Person Insurance, Relevant Life Insurance or Shareholder Protection.
Next steps: what can I expect when I make an enquiry?
At Sports Financial Services we pride ourselves on providing those who enjoy hazardous pursuits with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your needs, your personal circumstances and options available to you
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports and hazardous occupations
- Personal service and a quick response to your questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for caving (or a whole range of other hazardous pursuits) then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today on 0345 565 0935.
Or, to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.
As a hazardous, extreme and adventure sport specialist we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits to find cover that is suitable for their needs.
Now it’s time to put the power packs on charge and start planning your next underground adventure.