Whether you enjoy local circuit gliding flights or long-distance cross-country gliding excursions, you may be interested in financial protection for peace of mind. To learn more about the gliding insurance options available to you for Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness cover, get in touch with Sports Financial Services. We have a long history of helping those who enjoy extreme sports and hazardous pursuits.
Our heritage started over 20 years ago, when we were initially established as Summit Financial Services to meet the financial protection needs of mountaineers and climbers. As time went on, we realised that the same climbers and mountaineers who sought financial protection for their recreational activities were also starting to enquire with us about financial protection for a range of other outdoor sports such as canoeing, skiing, cycling, sailing, paragliding and skydiving. As a result, Sports Financial Services was born to help extreme sports enthusiasts find financial protection for their hazardous recreational activities. Over the years we have developed a deep understanding of extreme sports such as hang gliding. So, if you are a glider pilot, and are concerned that an accident or worse could impact your ability to meet your household bills, meet mortgage payments, pay credit card bills or provide for a family then please contact the experts to discuss the financial protection options available to you.
How we can help with gliding insurance
Our experienced team at Sports financial Services can discuss the gliding insurance options available to you. We can discuss life insurance, income protection, mortgage protection and critical illness cover in order to help meet mortgage commitments or provide for a family should an accident or worse happen whilst gliding. We have built a strong understanding of the needs of those who work in and participate in hang gliding. This makes us able to discuss the different aspects of your air sport in order to understand your needs. This helps us determine the various financial protection products that are available to you and best suit your needs.
In addition, you may want to chat to us about the availability of cover for related air sports, such as:
- Hang gliding (single, tandem, powered)
- Hang gliding
- Micro lighting
- Small fixed wing aircraft
Even if you have an existing policy in place for your gliding activities, it may be worth a quick conversation with Sports Financial Services to discuss your current cover and obtain a no-obligation quotation. Also, it is worth considering that different insurers come to the market over time and others may change their terms. This can mean that different and potentially better terms are available now that were not available when you first applied.
Enquiring about gliding insurance
As an extreme sport and extreme occupation specialist, we have developed a specific knowledge and experience in this market. Sports Financial Services have 20 years experience in the industry of extreme sports financial protection. Over this time we have built a strong knowledge and understanding of the industry of extreme sports. We specialise in three main types of financial protection. If you are interested in gliding insurance relating to the following, please do not hesitate to get in touch:
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
When enquiring about gliding cover, we want to make sure you know what to expect from the process. We will ask a number of questions relating to the specifics of your gliding activities and any other activities you declare to us. From here we can identify if there are any loadings, restrictions or even exclusions that might be applied to particular types of insurance policies.
Top tip: If you keep up a consistent health regime or partici[ate in a regular fitness plan, it may be worth mentioning this to us. We can discuss policies that monitor your fitness via tracking apps or a watch and could reward you for working hard to remain healthy.
Gliding insurance – Frequently Asked Questions:
When you enquire about cover, for piloting gliders, with Sports Financial Services we will take into consideration a number of work and lifestyle factors. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding gliding insurance:
- Do I incur premium loadings because I pilot gliders?
- Because I pilot gliders are there any restrictions or exclusion to policies to the type of policies that are available to me?
- Can I obtain Life Insurance because I participate in gliding?
- Is Critical Illness or Permanent Disability Cover available because I participate in gliding?
In order to make the process smoother for you, you will be allocated a personal advisor to assist you with your individual enquiry. Your personal advisor will discuss your needs and ask certain questions that are relevant to your extreme sport or hazardous occupation. From here we can then discuss which options are available to you. Here are some of the information you can expect us to discuss when walking you through the enquiry:
- Discovering what you do and your particular needs.
- Researching providers of protection- this is to learn more about the availability of cover for the type of gliding activities you pursue.
- Liaising with insurers to get you the best cover.
- Discussing if there are any other considerations that are relevant to your insurance which could lead to restrictions, loadings or exclusions (e.g. as a result of:, your health or gliding activities)
- Discussing costs and payment terms and premium options.
- In some cases we may need to obtain doctors reports or undertake medical screening.
‘’What can I expect when I make an enquiry about cover for gliding?’’
You can be assured that the team at Sports Financial Services take pride in providing those who enjoy hazardous pursuits with:
- Your own specialist adviser to discuss your needs, your lifestyle, your personal circumstances, your sport and occupation and the options available to you
- Experienced advisers in hazardous pursuits, extreme sports and hazardous occupations
- Personal service and a quick response to your questions
- A Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised company
- An easy application process conducted around your life and at contact times that suit you
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of cover for hazardous pursuits or occupations then please call and speak to an experienced adviser today for a free, no-obligation quote, on 0345 565 0935. Or, if you would like to enquire online, please click the link above and complete the online form.As a hazardous, extreme and adventure sport specialist we exist to help those who enjoy adventurous pursuits and occupations to find cover that is suitable for their needs.
How do I find out more about gliding insurance cover?
Enquiring about cover with us is simple, however, as with any enquiry for this type of cover it is important that you declare all relevant information. Some questions you can expect to be asked are fairly typical such as your age, current health, medical history, weight, lifestyle etc. After that we will delve deeper into understanding your activity to make sure we get you the right gliding insurance. Therefore we might ask some of the following questions:
- What type of gliding do you do?
- What type of aircraft is flown?
- How often do you glide?
- How long do you usually fly for at a time?
- Do you have a gliding licence or qualifications or background experience?
- Do you participate in any flying instruction, competitions, record attempts or test pilot activities?
- Which is your governing body membership (e.g. British Gliding Association)
- What type of participation in piloting (recreational / professional)
- What is the location of flying activities (UK, Europe and/or worldwide)
In addition, as part of your enquiry, we will also discuss with you the duration of cover and amounts required, including the amount of financial protection required, how long you want the policy for and the type of policy.
‘I already have Life Insurance, Income Protection or Critical Illness policy in place for gliding?’
If you already have some form of financial protection in place elsewhere, it may be worth getting in touch with Sports Financial Services. Even though it may only be to give you peace of mind, we can look into your cover and premiums to make you aware of whether they are comparable with other products in the market at present. Moreover, those who operate a Limited Company or operate at Director level then you may want to consider discussing the availability of different cover options with us such as Key Person Insurance or Relevant Life Cover. Call us on: 0345 565 0935.